HOW TO CHANGE MAC ADDRESS ON WINDOWS…
What is MAC address…??
A media access control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications on the physical network segment. MAC addresses are used as a network address for most IEEE 802 network technologies, including Ethernet. Logically, MAC addresses are used in the media access control protocol sublayer of the OSI reference model.
1. Windows OS (7, XP
Step by step How to Change MAC Address on Windows:
1. Open our command prompt (press windows key + R and type cmd).
type ipconfig /all to view our MAC address. On this picture is my MAC address.
2. Now the next step open run (press windows keyboard + R and type ncpa.cpl). When window pop up, right click your connection and choose properties.(see picture)
3. A connection window now will pop up. Click configure button.
3. Again… 😛 another window will pop up about the adapter properties. Click the advanced tab.
On the property column, choose and click Network Address. In the example picture below, I give the value 00-00-00-00-00-01.
click OK when you finished.
4. To check the changes, open the command prompt and check the new MAC address by typing ipconfig /all.
1. This MAC change method is useful to do a hit and run. Network admin sometimes banned user from the MAC address, so we just need to change the MAC to bypass the ban :-D.
Hope its useful